Monday, March 14, 2011

Thank You for Being a Friend


This bag of Zabar's dark espresso made its way from 80th and Broadway at the hands of our best man, Jon. He and his brother, Steven, ship us this coffee sort of regularly now. It makes our mornings happy and today, it has sparked thought about our friendship. 

I'm sure  Jon would be happy to know that the Golden Girls theme song was the first thing to pop into my head. If I had to pick the GG that he most resembles, it would be Sophia. 

 


Well, maybe not so much in looks, but they are both witty, Italian firecrackers, with rather large, but tasteful eyewear.

After getting past the fact that Sophia and Jon are counterparts, I began remembering the ways Jon has supported us. Remembering a collection of these little events, reminded me of how big he is to us. Here are some snapshots:

The boys on our wedding day

Getting ready for Margaret at 85th and Broadway



NYU hospital


Hanging out in 8D


In closing, Jon, I raise my mug of Zabar's espresso to you and sing:

"Thank you for being a friend,
traveled down the road and back again. 
Your heart is true. You're a pal and a confidant..."

Hope we see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment