Thursday, July 21, 2011

Old Friends


I love Wofford College, largely due to the friends I made there. Most of the girls still live in South Carolina, and I made it that way last weekend for a quick visit of fun dinners and a lot of laughs. I don't know when exactly we became classified as old friends, but I'm pretty sure that's what we are now. I've known them for almost 14 years, and that's really, really hard to believe. Here we are 14 years post our freshman year of college:










Over the weekend, we had a few beers on Prentiss' new deck, went out for dinner, did a little group shopping, and went for pedicures...a pedicure different than any other I've experienced. It wasn't so much the pedicure itself that was memorable, more so the chairs in which we sat. They appeared to be typical massage chairs except for the "buttocks" button. With Beth as my witness, that button started a sequence of squeezing, pulsating and knuckle sandwiches to the derriere – the center a lot of laughter and a little yelping.


Seeing the girls brings me back to when we first met. Though it may look it, it doesn't feel like it's been 14 years since this...









I missed seeing the girls who weren't in Columbia over the weekend and can't wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment