Monday, April 11, 2011

Louise...

is taking her nap and I'm sitting down real quick to write about last weekend.  I sense someone staring at me. I turn my head to this:



Last weekend was her baptism, and it was nothing short of a great day. Afterwards we celebrated at our house with family. 

A few pics of the day:


Centerpieces: compliments of Carol 

Finished product on Granny's tablecloth, bellissimo!

Lunchtime highlight was the orzo salad with roasted vegetables:



It's a recipe worth passing along, and I'll get that out in a post soon.


The best was saved for last:




...a white chocolate raspberry cake for which a local baker named Nannette Mayhall has become known for. After tasting it, I can see why! I froze the leftover cake so it would be an out-of-site out-of-mind kind of thing. Turns out, I had a big piece at 9:30 the next morning. By "big" I mean two medium size pieces.


And...the biggest treat of the day was:




She was a trooper, even with all her required regalia.


and with Father Mark after it was said and done.







2 comments:

  1. Oh, that cake!!! Soooo good, I wish I would have taken you up on the offer to take some home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if things don't work out for Will & Margs, we can push for Louise & Nate. They can share Father Mark baptized me pics. ;-)

    ReplyDelete